When I was young, I would regularly spend summers with my grandparents in the San Juan de la Maguana, and on Sundays we would get all dressed up and walk along the main street to my Aunt’s house. She lived right next to a large park where a band would play in the evening. They would start with the national anthem (the Dominican national anthem is impossibly long) before playing popular merengue songs. All generations would be present too, from grandparents sitting on park benches to kids running between the trees. While on the surface San Juan has changed since then, in many ways it hasn’t changed at [...]
A bit about me…
Subscribe via Email
- Chocolate and Mezcal – Hot Chocolate at Que Bo!, Polanco, Mexico...
- Welcome to San Juan – Hot Chocolate Embajador, San Juan de la Ma...
- Hot Chocolate Chocolate Cortes, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- The Centre of All Things Chocolate – Hot Chocolate at La Soledad...
- Hot Chocolate at 11th Street Diner, Miami, USA
Around the World
Please do get in touch! giselle [at] ultimatehotchocolate [dot] com
© 2012-2017 Ultimatehotchocolate.com All rights reserved. No part of the content (photos, articles, etc.) can be reproduced without written permission. Just ask!