When I was young, I would regularly spend summers with my grandparents in the San Juan de la Maguana, and on Sundays we would get all dressed up and walk along the main street to my Aunt’s house. She lived right next to a large park where a band would play in the evening. They would start with the national anthem (the Dominican national anthem is impossibly long) before playing popular merengue songs. All generations would be present too, from grandparents sitting on park benches to kids running between the trees. While on the surface San Juan has changed since then, in many ways it hasn’t changed at [...]
A bit about me…
Subscribe via Email
- Seriously Good Pizza and a Hot Chocolate at The Forge Pizzeria, Ballar...
- Hot Chocolate at Said, London, United Kingdom
- Welcome to Valladolid – Hot Chocolate at Fabrica de Chocolate Ar...
- A Hot Chocolate and Lunch at Big Sur Bakery and Restaurant, Big Sur, C...
- A Love Letter Dandelion Chocolate, San Francisco, USA
Around the World
Please do get in touch! giselle [at] ultimatehotchocolate [dot] com
© 2012-2017 Ultimatehotchocolate.com All rights reserved. No part of the content (photos, articles, etc.) can be reproduced without written permission. Just ask!